The Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab (J-PAL)
Iqbal Dhaliwal is the new executive director of J-PAL, succeeding Rachel Glennerster, who has joined DFID as its chief economist. Earlier Iqbal was deputy executive director, and prior to that, founding director of J-PAL's policy group. Learn more about Iqbal's background and vision for J-PAL's future in our Q&A.
Although coverage rates and health outcomes are improving, many poor people around the world still do not benefit from essential health products. What factors limit the flow of products from the producer’s laboratory bench to the end users, and what can be done about it?
The UK Department for International Development (DFID) jointly awarded J-PAL and Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) a US$16 million grant to generate new research on effective policies to promote peace and good governance, reduce crime, and support communities recovering from conflict, including a project on earthquake resettlement in Nepal.
In November, J-PAL Director Abhijit Banerjee delivered a public lecture at the American University in Cairo as part of J-PAL’s broader efforts to engage policymakers in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA). Watch the full video and learn more about J-PAL's work in the region.
885 ongoing and completed randomized evaluations in 80 countries
At J-PAL, we apply rigorous research and #innovation to answer critical questions in the fight against...
RT @MITxonedX: Have you heard? @AUC is now...
Need a lunchtime read? Check out this week's blog post on effective models for using #evidence to inform government… https://...
In 2017, more than 5,700 students enrolled in the inaugural Portuguese-language edition of our flagship online impa… https://t.co/uBQCCxHG2o
We're always improving and adapting our training courses for new audiences. In #Brazil, more than 1400 civil servan… https://t....
- In 2017, more than 5,700 students enrolled in the inaugural Portuguese-language edition of our flagship online impact evaluation course, Evaluating Social Programs (Avaliação de Impacto de Programas e Políticas Sociais). What's next? Read our latest post: j-p.al/2EQQAjh 21 hours 28 min ago.
- New blog post: Using a massive open online course (MOOC) to build a culture of evidence in Brazil: j-p.al/2EQQAjh 1 day 13 hours ago.
- Our Government Partnership Initiative (GPI) supports governments in using #evidence to inform policy design and decisions. Read the latest from the GPI team: https://j-p.al/2rdcKua 2 days 20 hours ago.
- Meet J-PAL's new Executive Director: https://j-p.al/2DEcAP3 3 days 20 hours ago.
- Now recruiting for Executive Director of J-PAL Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC). Applications due Jan 31. More information about the position and how to apply is available here: j-p.al/2EWbhLr. 1 week 21 hours ago.