OpenACS/.LRN for Ubuntu
Packages of OpenACS and .LRN are now available for Ubuntu Linux . We hope to facilitate the adoption by novices and the infrastructure deployment by professional users, both running Debian GNU/Linux and its derivates. This is an on-going effort. Beware, our packaging activity explicitly targets Ubuntu Linux 10.04 LTS (Lucid Lynx) and further versions. Important dependencies are co-maintained with the Debian Tcl/Tk Maintainers .
See also OpenACS for Debian.
Please, review the section on supported distributions first. Currently, the core packages (openacs, dotlrn) are included into the Universe Ubuntu repository.
Release packages for Ubuntu 10.04 and Further
- (optional) Provide for a PostgreSQL environment: If you don't have a PostgreSQL installation at hand, provide one. You do not need to care about setting up a concrete data base. This is automatically done by the openacs and dotlrn post-install instructions.
apt-get install postgresqlIf you run a remote PostgreSQL instance, remember to allow for access of the PostgreSQL Administrator (postgres) and the openacs/dotlrn user from the machine hosting your OpenACS/.LRN installation.
- Install the core packages and follow the on-screen instructions:
# OpenACS apt-get install openacs... or ...
# .LRN apt-get install dotlrn
- (optional) To change IP address and port of the instance, please edit the file:
# OpenACS /etc/openacs/openacs.sh # dotLRN /etc/dotlrn/dotlrn.sh
(optional) To control the instance using daemontools, please install the daemontools ubuntu packages and follow the instructions on the file:
# OpenACS /usr/share/doc/openacs/README.daemontools # dotLRN /usr/share/doc/dotlrn/README.daemontools
- Héctor Romojaro
- Stefan Sobernig
- Avni M. Khatri
- Carl R. Blesius
Packages maintained by Debian Tcl/Tk Maintainers
Packages co-maintained by OCT & Debian Tcl/Tk Maintainers
Community packages maintained by OCT
Please, for getting in contact and reporting issues, consider ...
- ... posting to the OpenACS developer forum , or
- ... mailing to ubuntu_at_openacs.org