The Web is a powerful delivery tool for complex real-time applications. This is a new hands-on course that will introduce the state of the art (2017) of full-stack web development. You will learn to build not only interactive web applications, but also chatbots, and mobile apps. This class will be an adventure and requires active participation both inside and outside of class. There will be lab projects, exercises in class, and a collaborative final project.
By the end of term, you will:
- use your knowledge of the fundamental concepts and best practices of web application development to design web systems from the ground up
- utilize state of the art tools and frameworks used to build web technologies
- build your own web applications with front-end UIs and server-side APIs
Topics include: static pages, Internet protocols, layout, markup, event-driven asynchronous programming, deployment, security, scalability, and user experience.
Prerequisites: CS10 or permission of instructor
Will be challenging and rewarding.
- 2A Classes will meet Tuesday and Thursday (2:25-4:15pm).
- X-hours are 4:35-5:25pm on Wednesday and will be used as TA/Lab hours and Workshops.
- Location: LSC 200
Office Hours and Contact:
We’ll be using Slack for most communication. Find us there!
Open Help Hours in Sudikoff 003:
Mon 3-5pm; Fri 11-1pm; or by appointment in Sudikoff 219/007
Half of each class will be hands-on demonstrations, code and project discussions, and exercises. See schedule.
Will be hands-on and interactive. See lectures.
Unfortunately due to the nature of the class and our classroom size, auditing the class will not be permitted. All class material will be posted here online though!
prior versions of this class: 16x, 17s